Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is accepting applications for a $1,200 scholarship to be awarded by the Florida Supervisors of Elections (FSE) in 2022.
The FSE is offering a total of four scholarships to eligible college/university juniors or seniors who have been a resident of Florida for at least the prior two years and who are registered to vote in the county where applying for the scholarship.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida
- Have maintained a “C” average or above the previous school year
- Be either a political science, public or business administration, or journalism/mass communication major
Additional eligibility requirements are listed on the application and in the scholarship guidelines, which can be accessed below. Applications may also be picked up at any one of the following elections offices:
- Sarasota County Terrace Building, 101 S Washington Blvd, 7th Floor, Sarasota
- R.L. Anderson Administration Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail South, Venice
- Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port
Applications must be submitted to the elections office by Friday, March 11, 2022. Applications may be delivered to any of the locations listed above or mailed to:
- Supervisor of Elections, PO Box 4194, Sarasota, FL 34230-4194
Students or educational institutions may call 941.861.8606 for more information.