Thank you for your interest. Applications for the 2023 FSE scholarship closed on March 10, 2023.
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections Ron Turner is accepting applications for a $1,200 scholarship to be awarded by the Florida Supervisors of Elections (FSE) in 2023.
The FSE is offering a total of four scholarships to eligible college/university juniors and seniors who have been residents of Florida for at least the prior two years and who are registered to vote in the county where applying for the scholarship.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida
- Have maintained a “C” average or above the previous school year
- Be majoring in political science, public administration, business administration, journalism or mass communication
Additional eligibility requirements are listed on the application and in the scholarship guidelines, which are available in the application packet. Applications may also be picked up at any of the following elections offices:
- Sarasota County Terrace Building, 101 S Washington Blvd, 7th Floor, Sarasota
- R.L. Anderson Administration Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail South, Venice
- Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port
Applications must be submitted by March 10 to the elections office of the county in which the applicant is registered to vote. Applications may be delivered to any one of the elections offices listed above or mailed to: Supervisor of Elections, PO Box 4194, Sarasota, FL 34230-4194
Students or educational institutions may call 941.861.8606 for more information.
2023 FSE Scholarship application packet