REGISTER TO VOTE
How to Apply to Register to Vote
- Florida residents may apply to register to vote or update their existing voter registration record online. Go to RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov to complete and submit an online application.
- Download a fillable/printable voter registration application here:
- Verify that all the information on your application is complete. The office where you register, your decision not to register, your Social Security number, Florida driver license number and Florida ID card number will remain confidential and will be used only for voter registration purposes.
- Sign your application. The application requires an original signature because you are swearing to or affirming an oath.
- Mail your application to your county supervisor of elections. (Requires first class postage.) You may also hand-deliver the application to any supervisor of elections office in the state, a driver license office, a voter registration agency or armed forces recruitment office, or to the Division of Elections.
- If your application is complete and you qualify as a voter, the supervisor of elections will mail you a voter information card as official confirmation that you are registered to vote. Make sure all of the information on your card is correct. If you do not receive confirmation within two weeks, or if you have any questions, call your supervisor of elections.
- Once registered, please keep your voter information up to date. You can update your information at RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov or call or visit our office.
Who Can Register to Vote
To register to vote in Florida, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Be a Florida resident
- Be 18 years old (A person who is otherwise qualified may preregister on or after his/her 16th birthday and may vote in any election on or after his/her 18th birthday.)
- Not now be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your right to vote having been restored
- Provide your current and valid Florida driver license number or Florida identification card number. You must provide the last four of your Social Security number if you do not have a Florida driver license number or a Florida identification card number. If you have not been issued any of these items, you must write "NONE" in the box indicated on the voter registration application.
Note: If you are a member of the armed services or a military spouse or family member living away from your voting residence or a U.S. citizen living outside the United States, click here for more information.
For more information, please call 941.861.8619.
Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections
P.O. Box 4194
Sarasota, FL 34230-4194